5.04.2013

Star Trek

My husband and I recently went through the original Star Trek series on Netflix. I did very much enjoy it, but I must say...it's a little ridiculous at times. It's excusable though, since it was the 60s and their special effects and such weren't quite as good as they are now.

Just in case you have no interest in ever watching Star Trek, I want to share with you the most unintentionally (or perhaps intentionally at times) hilarious moments of Star Trek, the original series.

1. The theme song for the first season is very nice. It's catchy and fun to hum along to. Then in the second season, they kept the song but added a woman singing along and it was suddenly weird.


2. Almost every time Captain Kirk gets into a fight, his shirt rips so that at least one nipple shows.
3. In the episode The Enemy Within, they found a space dog, or as I like to call it: a unicorn insect dog.
4. In the episode What are Little Girls Made Of?, Kirk is chased through some caves and he grabs a piece of stalagmite to defend himself...and the stalagmite has a very...ahem...interesting shape...
5. In The Trouble with Tribbles...there are Tribbles. And they're ridiculous. Basically just furry pillows that are treated as though they're living beings.


6. In Arena, we're introduced to the Gorn, a race of aliens, when Kirk has to fight one. I give you the worst fight scene ever.


7. Oh and who can forget this guy from A Private Little War? I must confess that I was distracted during this episode and don't even know what he is or why he was there.


Like I said in the beginning, I love Star Trek. A lot. And I'm currently going through the New Generation. But you have to admit...this stuff is hilarious.

11 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I could sit through all those old Star Trek shows again, but your clips were funny to watch!

    I just nominated you for a Liebster blog award, over on my blog. I wanted to let other bloggers know how much I enjoyed finding your blog during the A-Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha these are funny indeed! I haven't seen any of the tv series episodes, only the latest movie, and so excited for the next. Live long and prosper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any movies, though I know my mother-in-law pitched a fit over the recent movie not sticking to Star Trek lore. If I choose to see it, no one can tell her. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Oh god, I don't think I've seen that one with the stalagmite before! Captain Kirk brandishing a two foot long phallus, now there's something I'm sure I would have remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never realised Star Trek was so amusing (stalagmites & nipples!) hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh most definitely. Especially the original series.

      Delete
  5. I have stopped laughing just long enough to type one sentence:

    I don't...understand---EXPLAIN!

    ...off to laugh some more. That stalagmite..! And the fight scene! Yeowtch!

    Diana at About myself, by myself…

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the ridiculous intensity of the first Star Trek. I totally dig it, but still. Far preferred ST:TNG and always felt Picard was way more...er...Captain-y. :-D
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete