We all have different things we do for ourselves when we're down. I have a few different things I like to turn to...bubble baths, wine, puzzles...but my favorite thing to do is watch a movie.
But not just any movie. I have a handful of movies that I choose from and they are ranked.
6. The Chipmunk Adventure. Growing up, we had this movie on VHS and we watched it all the time.
Favorite Scene/Song: The Girls and Boys of Rock and Roll
Favorite Line: Brittany: I don't care how important he is, how powerful he is, how rich he is... by the way, how rich is he?
5. The Llama Movie (actually known as The Emperor's New Groove). I saw this movie in the theatre with a good friend of mine and it was love at first sight.
Favorite Scene/Song: When Kronk bursts into Yzma's tent and is startled by her mud mask. Close second: When Kronk goes to dispose of Kuzco and has his own theme music.
Favorite Line: Kronk's Shoulder Devil: Reason number two. Look what I can do. Ha-ha, ha!
[does one-armed handstand]
Kronk: But what does that have to do with anything?
Kronk's Shoulder Angel: No, no. He's got a point.
4. Cats Don't Dance. I mean, come one. It's a bunch of animals singing and dancing. Win.
Favorite Scene/Song: Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now. Close second: Big and Loud
Favorite Line: Danny: If we all work together, we can make our dreams come true. Let's show the world what we can do.
3. Annie. Another childhood favorite. I went through a time of watching it every single day. I knew every word and every dance move.
Favorite Scene/Song: Little Girls. Close second: We Got Annie. Close third: Easy Street.
Favorite Line: Lily: I beg your pardon, I'm sure, but I don't stoop to what you're incineratin'.
2. Cinderella Favorite Disney princess. The end.
Favorite Scene/Song: So This is Love
Favorite Line: Cinderella: [to the clock tower chiming] Oh, that clock! Old killjoy. I hear you. "Come on, get up," you say, "Time to start another day." Even he orders me around. Well, there's one thing. They can't order me to stop dreaming.
1. The Holiday At age 21, I did not think any movie could usurp Cinderella for my favorite movie after a lifetime of Cinderella holding first place. Then came The Holiday.
Favorite Scene/Song: When Amanda joins Graham and his girls in their tent. Close second: When Miles joins Iris' Hanukkah party. Close third: When Miles and Iris go to Blockbuster.
Favorite Line: Miles: Iris, if you were a melody... I used only the good notes.
What's your favorite go-to movie?
The first year..
2 years ago